Follow this routine, start making healthy choices, and your new body will soon become a reality. Perform exercises for 30 seconds x 3 round.
Below are tips to help you sustain working out as a beginner
- Start slow your body might not adjust very quickly, and this might make you quit fast if you try to push yourself too much
- Don’t make drastic changes s you start. Each day make a little more positive amendment to your day to day routine till all these positive habits will become a norm to you
- Work out specific times. Choose a convenient day and try to make it an appointment each week
- Maintain a good posture. This will help you to see if you are benefiting from the work outs
- Try your best to eat healthily.
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands about 36 inches apart while holding your torso up at arms length.
- Next, lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
- Now breathe out and press your upper body back up to the starting position while squeezing your chest.
- After a brief pause at the top contracted position, you can begin to lower yourself downward again for as many repetitions as needed.
#2 Mountain Climbers
- Begin in a pushup position, with your weight supported by your hands and toes.
- Flexing the knee and hip, bring one leg until the knee is approximately under the hip. This will be your starting position.
- Explosively reverse the positions of your legs, extending the bent leg until the leg is straight and supported by the toe, and bringing the other foot up with the hip and knee flexed.
#3 Squat With Side Kick
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width distance apart, feet parallel. Hold your hands out in front of you for balance. Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply into a squat, keeping weight back in your heels.
- Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and lifting the right leg out to the side, squeezing the outer glute.
- As you step the foot back into shoulder-width distance position, squat down again. Then stand up and do a side leg lift on the left side.
- Plant the hands directly under the shoulders (slightly wider than shoulder-width apart) like you’re about to do a push-up.
- Ground the toes into the floor and squeeze the glutes to stabilize the body. Your legs should be working in the move too; careful not to lock or hyperextend your knees.
- Neutralize the neck and spine by looking at a spot on the floor about a foot beyond the hands. Your head should be in line with your back.
#5 Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in to also target your deep abs).
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Now switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
- Stand as tall as you can with your feet spread shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees.
- Pause, then slowly push yourself back to the starting position.
#7 Straight Leg Raise
- Sit or lie down on you back with your legs straight out in front of you. Bend the knee of your non-operated leg to a 90-degree angle keeping your foot flat on the floor.
- Tightenten the muscles on your straight leg by trying to contract your quadriceps.
- Keep your quad tightened, and then slowly lift the operated leg six inches off the floor (by contracting the front thigh muscles.)
- Hold for three seconds. Slowly lower your leg to the floor.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.