Have you ever tried fitting into that dress you love so much only to find out that your Tommy bulges out? Or do you struggle to button up around your tummy? Every woman’s dream to have a very great body but due to so many factors, we gain weight. It might be genetic or acquired either through over eating or not doing enough exercise or even child birth. No matter what might have caused the situation with discipline determination a good workout routine and healthy diet you can lose belly fat. Below is a list of exercise you might want to consider putting into your workout routine:
#1. Oblique Crunches
- Start out by lying on your right side with your legs lying on top of each other. Make sure your knees are bent a little bit.
- Place your left hand behind your head.
- Once you are in this set position, begin by moving your left elbow up as you would perform a normal crunch except this time the main emphasis is on your obliques.
- Crunch as high as you can, hold the contraction for a second and then slowly drop back down into the starting position.
#2. Standing Crunches
- Stand on your left foot and, keeping your right leg straight, extend it behind your body. Lift your right foot slightly off the floor.
- Reach both arms up over your head. Exhale and bend your right knee as you raise your knee in front of your body.
- Bend both elbows and aim to reach your elbows to your right knee. Return your arms overhead and your right leg behind your body.
#3. Plank Up-Down
- Start in a high plank. Bend one arm to bring the elbow and forearm to the floor.
- Follow with the other arm so you are in a forearm plank. Starting with the arm you began with, push back up to a high plank.
- Continue, alternating the first side down with each rep.
#4. Toe Taps
READ MORE: 8 Best Moves To Thinner Thighs
- Begin by laying flat down over the padding facing upwards.
- Make sure legs are bent at the knees and feet are flat on the ground.
- Your hands should be flat at your sides.
- Begin by contracting your hamstrings, driving up your upper legs while flexing your core.
- Try to keep feet off of the ground while simultaneously switching feet to stagger resistance.
- Try not to cheat with your feet on the ground during this exercise.
- Movement is complete once you cannot lift the leg any further. This will usually happen as a result of your muscles being fully stretched.
#5. Side Plank With Rotation
- Lie on your left side on the mat and position your elbow directly under your right shoulder. Stack together your legs, knees, ankles and feet. Tighten abs.
- Push your right elbow against the floor as you lift up your glutes and hips off the floor until left shoulder, left hip, and left foot are in a straight line. Reach up with your right hand and extend.
- Rotate your torso downwards and reach under your body with your left arm. Rotate back to the side plank with arm up and repeat for 10-12 times before switching sides.
#6. Mountain Climbers
- Begin in a pushup position, with your weight supported by your hands and toes. Flexing the knee and hip, bring one leg until the knee is approximately under the hip.
- This will be your starting position.
- Explosively reverse the positions of your legs, extending the bent leg until the leg is straight and supported by the toe, and bringing the other foot up with the hip and knee flexed.
#7. Standing Oblique Side Bends
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip distance apart holding a five- to 10-pound dumbbell over your head. Squeeze your head with your upper arms to fire up your core and protect your neck.
- Bend sideways to the right, squeezing your waist on the right side. Keep your neck as neutral as possible, looking forward, not down.
- Pull the left ribs down to return to standing upright. Switch sides, and bend to the left to complete one rep.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.