Store-bought mayonnaise is a mystery condiment to many. Usually it is made with soybean oil, water, eggs, vinegar, salt, sugar, and lemon concentrate. You may be familiar with mayonnaise as a sandwich spread, but you may not know it can be used in other ways.
Don't limit its use to the kitchen. Try these 15 clever and surprising uses of mayonnaise:
1. Relieve sunburn. Replace aloe vera with mayonnaise to relieve sunburn.
2. Soften cuticles. We suggest soaking your nails in mayonnaise for 5 minutes to soften cuticles. It's a luxurious way to begin an at-home manicure.
3. Condition hair. Get shiny, healthy, beautiful hair by using mayonnaise as conditioner.
4. Kill lice. Massage mayonnaise into the scalp, cover with a shower cap, and allow the mayonnaise to soak in over night. Rinse the next morning.
5. Moisturize dry skin. The oil and vinegar in mayonnaise make it wonderfully nourishing for dry skin. We recommend applying mayonnaise to dry skin and allowing it to soak in for 10 minutes. Use a damp cloth to wipe the skin clean.
6. Shine silver. You may be surprised mayonnaise is among the best natural silver polishers. We explain this is because the lemon and vinegar work away tarnish.
7. Shine houseplants. If your houseplants are losing their luster, rub mayonnaise onto the leaves using a paper towel. The oils in the mayonnaise will make the leaves shine.
8. Clean water stains. We recommend replacing furniture polish with mayonnaise when removing water stains from wood. This method is especially effective on patio furniture.
9. Remove a ring. If you've got a ring stuck on your finger, don't let the finger turn blue. Follow the advice and dip your finger in mayonnaise. The ring will slide right off.
10. Fix a squeaky door. Oil squeaky door hinges with mayonnaise to silent them.