We all try to saturate our body with healthful elements, taking care about skin, hair, muscles and figure. But do you always remember about «the main center» of the organism?
Our brain needs sufficient amount of nutritive elements to coordinate activity of all other organs.
What are these nutritive elements? First of all, they are vitamins, which may improve alertness, concentration, memory, clarity of thinking.
That's clear enough that none of products, pills and food additives can raise your IQ, but they're able to enhance natural functioning of your brain.
So, which of the wide variety of healthy vitamins are recognized as brain boosters?
· Vitamin E – has two main components (alpha and gamma tocopherol), which work as powerful antioxidant and prevent brain cells from free radicals hurt. You can find vitamin E in nuts (especially almonds), seeds, sunflower oil, avocado, blueberries, green leafy vegetables.
· Vitamin B12 – it takes part in the myelin formation, which is a protective envelope for nerve fibers. The most susceptible to vitamin B12 deficiency are vegetarians, inasmuch as this microelement is contained mostly in meat foods such as pork, beef, veal, lamb.
· Vitamin C – being heavy antioxidant, ascorbic acid protect brain cells from oxidative stress and also play a big role in production of neurotransmitter dopamine. Actually, our brain has the highest level of vitamin C. That's why you should look for it in oranges, broccoli, strawberries, apples.
· Vitamin B9 (folic acid) – folate is found to participate in nerve tissue creation and increase a rate of amino acid homocysteine in the blood flow, which can injury brain cells. Spinach, asparagus, beans and whole grain cereals are rich with folic acid.
· Vitamin B1 – thiamine is an important contributor in nerve impulses conduction and locates in nerve system in high concentration. To prevent vitamin B1 deficiency, consume spinach, asparagus, sesame seeds, brussels sprouts and pistachios.
· Vitamin B6 – nutritive element, which can control your mood, as it play role in converting of 5-hydroxy-tryptophan to serotonin and in producing dopamine as well. Don't lose your portion of this vitamin and eat cauliflower, cranberries, tuna, kale, turnip greens and garlic.
Sources: WebMD, Medicaldaily, MedicineNet, HealthLine
Credit: Devin Burke
LOSE WEIGHT 3X MORE EFFECTIVE
28 Days Weight Loss Assistant App (IPhone)