In order to get rid of the hated muffin top, one should first target the belly area. These bulges are not easy to blast. One should target the core muscles, as well as the waist area.
It is possible with this workout that is designed to develop strong abs and eliminate any muffin tops. One can do it in one month with this exercise combination. In addition to muscle targeting, with this workout, one targets abdominal fat.
Ab fat is normally hard to reach and get rid of due to the reason that our body considers it as a guard against hunger and a survival measure. That is why it is important to also involve other body parts in the training and workout.
Here are the exercises for the muffin top blast:
#1. Spiderman plank
- Lay face down on the ground with extended legs. Point your toes while you place your hands beneath your shoulders.
- Push yourself up into the plank position. Maintaining a tight core and flat back, bring your left knee to your right elbow.
- Pause and slowly return each to the starting point. Repeat with the other side and keep alternating.
#2. Burpees, or squat and thrust
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and hands by your sides. This is the start position. In one smooth motion, squat down and place your hands palms down on the floor in front of your feet.
- Lean forward, so your weight is on your hands, at the same time jumping your legs out behind you until they are fully extended. Your body should form a straight line with your weight supported on your toes and the balls of your feet and your arms fully extended. (In a push up position)
- Jump your feet out by spreading your legs, so that they are wider than hip width apart, then immediately jump them back together.
- Complete 1 full push up. Jump your feet forward to just behind your hands. Use an explosive motion to push through your heels and return to the start postion. Repeat.
#3. Russian twists
- Sit on an exercise mat with your legs fully extended and your upper body upright. Cross your your ankles and raise them off the floor slightly.
- Bend your knees towards you slightly. Lean back about 15 degrees to balance your body. This is the start position.
- In a smooth motion,turn your torso to the left and touch the plate on the floor. Make sure you exhale as you do this.
- Return to the start position inhaling as you do so. Repeat the same movement, this time to your right side, again exhaling as you do so. Return to start position and repeat.
30-day plan for you
Here is the 30 day workout and it is a complete no-brainer. Every training day one should add 5 seconds to the workout, except the first day after a break. Every fifth day is a rest day.
Burpees for 30 seconds, spiderman plank for 15 seconds and Russian twists for 15 seconds.
Burpees for 35 seconds, spiderman plank for 20 seconds, Russian twists for 20 seconds.
Burpees for 40 seconds, spiderman plank 25 seconds, twists 25 seconds.
Burpees for 45 seconds, spiderman plank for 30 seconds and twists for 30 seconds.
The next day is the day to rest and let your muscles recover.
On the 6th day the intensity is increased by 10 seconds. Then the intensity is increased by 5 seconds.
+5 sec, squat and thrust for 55 seconds, spiderman plank for 40 seconds, Russian twists for 40 seconds. Continue adding 5 seconds every day.
Day 10 is the next day for recovery.
Add 5 seconds over the next few days
Increase the time dedicated to exercising on day 11 by 10 secs per exercise, squat and thrust should be carried out for 80 sec, spiderman plank and twist for 65. Follow the scheme of adding five seconds over the next few days till the recovery day at day 15.
Add 10 seconds over the next few days
After that continue by adding 10 seconds after the break (as it was before). The following day, day 16 should look like this: squat and thrust 105 seconds, spiderman plank and Russian twist for 90 sec.
You should continue adding 5 seconds till the next recovery day, day 20, except for on day 21, which should look like this: burpees 130 seconds and twists with spiderman plank 115 seconds. The day 25 is the next recovery day.
Continue following the same pattern for the last week of training. Your last day should finish with the following times: 2 minutes and 55 seconds for burpees and 2 minutes, 40 seconds dedicated to the spiderman plank and twists exercises.
READ MORE: This special complex can make your private part muscles tight and small
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.