Toned and sculpted thighs, legs and a toned butt look very attractive when wearing skirts and skinny jeans. Many women are dreaming about having the perfect body for wearing short skirts.
BetterMe App helps women achieve their body goals with ease and efficiency by helping to choose proper meal plans and effective workouts. Start using our app and you will see good results in a short time.
A stronger and leaner shape can be achieved with these exercises. This area is not an area which is worked out easily during everyday activity. The workout sculpts the thighs perfectly and naturally. A good shape is not difficult to achieve when one knows and applies these exercises for having sexier thighs.
If you are struggling to have toned thighs use these simple, effective and useful exercises for the lower body. It targets the inner thighs, inner quads, inner hamstrings, hip flexors and even quadriceps.
Overall, this workout targets the thighs precisely, people often need a special workout to reach this area. It tones the thighs, butt and stomach areas.
READ MORE: 30-days slim-down challenge plan
#1. Butt Lift (Bridge)
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with the hands by your side and your knees bent. Your feet should be placed around shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- Pushing mainly with your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight. Breathe out as you perform this part of the motion and hold at the top for a second.
- Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.
READ MORE: 8 best moves to thinner thighs
- Keep your feet at shoulder width apart and pointed straight ahead. When squatting, your hips will move down and back.
- Your lumbar curve should be maintained, and your heels should stay flat on the floor the entire time.
- In air squats, your hips will descend lower than your knees.
#3. Reverse Lunge With Twist
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart. Hold a five- to 10-pound medicine ball with both hands with your arms outstretched in front of you.
- Keep your core stable, and take a large step back with your right foot, planting your foot and then lowering your body until both legs are bent in right angles.
- As you sink into the lunge, twist your torso to the left.
- Bring your torso back to center, and exhale as you straighten your legs. Bring your feet back together, and then step back on your left leg, twisting to the right.
#4. Walking Lunge
- Begin standing with your feet about hip-width apart and holding dumbbells in your hands down by your side. This will be your starting position.
- Step forward with one leg, flexing the knees to drop your hips. Descend until your rear knee nearly touches the ground. Your posture should remain upright, and your front knee should be in line with your front foot.
- Do not allow your front knee to go forward beyond your toes as you come down, as this will put undue stress on the knee joint. Drive through the heel of your lead foot and extend both knees to raise yourself back up.
- On a mat or comfortable surface, lie on your left side. Place your left hand behind your head while placing your right hand across your body.
- Bend your stacked knees so that your feet are behind you. Begin the movement by lifting the left knee up while keeping the feet together.
- Pause at the top of the movement and slowly lower your left knee down to the starting position.
#6. Flutter Kicks
- Lie on a mat with your hands under your buttocks and raise your legs slightly, keeping knees straight and ankles together.
- Keep abs engaged and perform short kicks in an alternating fashion.
- Repeat as needed and then lower legs to the ground.
#7. Russian Twists
- Sit on an exercise mat with your legs fully extended and your upper body upright. Grip a weight plate between both hands. Hold the plate out in front of your abdominals keeping your arms bent slightly.
- Cross your your ankles and raise them off the floor slightly. Bend your knees towards you slightly. Lean back about 15 degrees to balance your body. This is the start position. In a smooth motion,turn your torso to the left and touch the plate on the floor. Make sure you exhale as you do this.
- Return to the start position inhaling as you do so. Repeat the same movement, this time to your right side, again exhaling as you do so. Return to start position and repeat.
#8. Wall Sits
- Stand tall against a wall with your head and back touching the wall. Position your feet so that they are shoulder-width apart and a few inches away from the wall.
- Rest your arms at your sides. Bend your knees and lower into a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the floor and hold the position
- Return to starting position by straightening your knees and standing tall again.
BetterMe App helps you increase your self-esteem and achieve your personal goals by opening the doors to the world of fitness and healthy lifestyle. Try it now to see the best version of yourself as soon as possible.
READ MORE: 8 exercises to reduce those love handles during 2 months
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.