Working out before going to bed sounds pretty weird, let’s face it. Besides it is considered if you are working out before going to bed you may have troubles with falling asleep since your organism is too active.
Yet we have something completely different in mind. This 8-minute workout before going to be now only will make you sleep like a baby but will also help you lose weight in your sleep. All jokes aside, this set of exercises will boost up your metabolism which in its turn will help the fat burning processes. Besides the chance that you will be all sweaty and out of breath after that is close to zero.
We know you are in doubt but just 8 minutes before bedtime every day and you will see the amazing result!
#1. Rear Leg Raises
- Place yourself on your hands knees on an exercise mat. Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- Extend one leg up and behind you. The knee and hip should both extend. Repeat for 5-10 repetitions, and then switch sides.
#2. Reverse Plank With Leg Lift
- Begin sitting on your tush with your legs straight. Bring your palms a few inches behind you, fingertips facing the toes.
- Press into your feet and lift your bum off the ground. Try to keep your body in one diagonal line. You can also do this exercise on your elbows if it bothers your wrists.
- Alternate between lifting your right leg up and then your left. Move with control, making the movements slow and steady, and keeping the hips lifted.
#3. Barbell Glute Bridge
- Begin seated on the ground with a loaded barbell over your legs. Using a fat bar or having a pad on the bar can greatly reduce the discomfort caused by this exercise. Roll the bar so that it is directly above your hips, and lay down flat on the floor.
- Begin the movement by driving through with your heels, extending your hips vertically through the bar. Your weight should be supported by your upper back and the heels of your feet.
- Extend as far as possible, then reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
- Lower body until right thigh is parallel to floor and right shin is vertical (it's okay if knee shifts forward a little as long as it doesn't go past right toe).
- If mobility allows, lightly tap left knee to ground while keeping weight in right heel.
- Press into right heel to drive back up to starting position.
#5. Dumbbell Split Jump
- From a standing position, keep your torso as upright as possible and lower your body into a split squat.
- Quickly jump, scissor-kicking your legs so that you land with the opposite leg forward.
#6. Windshield Wipers
- Without forming an arch of your spine, lie down on an exercising mat. Make a “T” shape of your upper body by extending your arms sideways with your palms firmly fixed to the ground.
- Starting position: Raise your legs in a manner that your legs and knees form a 90 degree angle with the each other. Raise your legs in an inclined/tilted manner such that both of your thighs are either touching each other or the lower one of them is touching the ground. Remember to exhale while you do this.
- Pausing for a while, flip to the other side. You complete one rep when you have finished doing the exercise on both the sides. Repeat as many number of times you wish to.
#7.Weighted Russian / Mason Twists
- Sit on an exercise mat with your legs fully extended and your upper body upright. Grip a weight plate between both hands. Hold the plate out in front of your abdominals keeping your arms bent slightly.
- Cross your your ankles and raise them off the floor slightly. Bend your knees towards you slightly. Lean back about 15 degrees to balance your body. This is the start position. In a smooth motion,turn your torso to the left and touch the plate on the floor. Make sure you exhale as you do this.
- Return to the start position inhaling as you do so.
#8. Butt Lift (Bridge)
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with the hands by your side and your knees bent. Your feet should be placed around shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- Pushing mainly with your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight. Breathe out as you perform this part of the motion and hold at the top for a second.
- Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.
READ MORE: 8 best exercises to get rid of bra fat
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.