Our body contains a wide net of vessels, which carry oxygen to each part of the organism. This system is integral and consists of arteries, veins and capillaries. If some of these tubes become damaged, the blood begins to flow out. There are certain coagulation mechanisms, that help to «plug» an injured area and to restore the integrity.
There is a wide variety of reasons that may lead to internal bleeding. It may be caused by trauma such as fall from height, car accidents, fractures etc.Gastrointestinal bleeding is rather common trouble, which occurs as a consequence of gastric ulcer, liver cirrhosis, colon cancer and many other bowel conditions.
The other reason is bleeding during pregnancy. It may develop on any term but it is abnormally in any case.
Sometimes hemorrhage becomes apparent after surgical intervention, if sutures and clips get dislodged.
There are some congenital clotting problems, which can lead to spontaneous internal bleeding.Many people consume blood thinners and anticoagulants – drugs that can be prescribed by your doctor in order to prevent stroke, especially if you have determined predispositions.
Keep under the control your blood tests while taking warfarin, heparin, rivaroxaban, aspirin, clopidogrel or ticagrelor.
Nowadays people often take an inadequate amount of anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or aspirin, which were recognized to cause bleeding in esophagus, stomach and duodenum.
It's rather easy to notice external bleeding. The problem is, when vessel ruptures inside your body and blood doesn't stream outside.
Seek for medical help immediately, if you've suspected internal bleeding in yourself or in anybody nearby. Check up these symptoms to recognize it as soon as possible.
- Decreased blood pressure
- Skin paleness
- Breathing shortness
- Tachycardia (too frequent heart rate)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe continuing headache
- Excessive sweating
- Stroke symptoms such as sudden weakness, speaking or understanding problems, loss or impairment of vision. These symptoms develop, if hemorrhage occurs in the brain as a result of trauma or aneurysm rupture.
- Blood in the urine
- Blood in the stool, which can be dark and tarry, if bleeding takes place in the stomach or duodenum. But remember that there are some medications such as iron supplements and bismuth, which can make your stool black without damaging the vessels. Red blood mostly exists in the excrements because of hemorrhoids or intestinal bleeding.
- Bloody vomiting is one of the main symptoms of esophageal or stomach vessels injury
- Restriction of movements if blood accumulates in the joint
- Soreness in the affected area
READ MORE: 30-days slim-down challenge plan
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.