Fat which is deposited in the arms most often indicates general excess weight. These "wings" under your arms can look ugly when it comes to wearing T-shirts and tops. So what can you do in this situation?
For weight loss on your shoulders, back and arms you need to combine strength exercises and cardio. This is the most effective type of strategy for getting rid of excess weight which is suitable for girls, women and men. Do not forget about proper nutrition and diets as well.
Wide shoulders with a fatty layer do not look beautiful. To achieve a harmonious shape and tone your muscles you should perform our workout regularly. It will only take 20 minutes of your spare time and will be suitable for beginners.
#1. Cat Pose
- From Box (Cakravākāsana), shift some weight to the palms. The wrists, elbows and shoulders are in one line. The abdomen is pulled in and up with the spine arched in a strong Cobra spine.
- The crown of the head is towards the earth and the neck is relaxed. The gaze is between the arms towards the belly.
#2. Table Pose
READ MORE: 5 exercises to avoid stubborn double chin
- From Staff (Daṇḍāsana) place the hands on the floor about one foot behind the hips with the fingertips pointed forward towards hips.
- Keep knees bent and feet close to hips while pressing through the hands and feet to lift the hips creating an inverted U with the body into Table. Relax the head back and gaze at the tip of your nose.
#3. Exercise Ball Dumbbell Chest Flyes
- Sit on a Swiss Ball while holding a pair of dumbbells. Slowly, walk your feet forward, rolling yourself down the Swiss Ball. Lean back and keep the dumbbells at your chest.
- Once your shoulders are supporting you on the ball, engage your hips, driving them up. Your feet shoulder be outside of shoulder-width. Engage your core throughout the exercise.
- Push the dumbbells above your chest. Slowly, spread your arms to the sides, opening up the chest. Pause when the dumbbells are at parallel with the ground. Return to the starting position.
#4. Bow Pose
- From a prone position with the abdomen on the earth, the hands grip the ankles (but not the tops of the feet) with knees no wider than the width of your hips.
- The heels are lifted away from the buttocks and at the same time the thighs are lifted away from the earth working opposing forces as the heart center, hips and back open. The gaze is forward.
#5. Side Plank
- Lie on your side on an exercise mat. Fully extend your legs with one resting on top of the other. Fully extend the top arm down the side of your body. Bend the arm at floor level to 90 degrees. Your upper arm should be parallel to your body, while your forearm is at 90 degrees. This is the start position.
- Lift your body off the ground and balance on your forearm and the side of your foot, while keeping your body in a straight line. Contract your abdominal muscles and relax your shoulders. Continue breathing throughout the whole exercise.
- Hold this position for as long as you can. Relax and change sides. Repeat.
#6. Shoulder Press
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand straight, with your feet shoulder width apart. Raise the dumbbells to head height by rotating your arms forward and up. Your triceps should be parallel to the floor and your elbows bent at 90 degrees. This is the start position.
- Keeping your back straight and using only your arms, extend through your shoulders and elbows to drive the dumbbells straight up, ehaling as you do so. As your arms reach the fully extended position, bring them in towards each other until the dumbbels touch lightly together.
- Hold for a count of one, while squeezing your shoulder muscles. In a controlled movement, return to the starting position, inhaling as you do so. Repeat.
#7. Bridge Pose (1)
- From a supine position, on your back, the hips are pressed up with the heels of the feet rooted into the earth close to the sits bones. The toes are actively lifted and the pelvis tucked.
- The thighs are parallel to the earth and the fingers are interlaced under the body with the ribcage lifted and the heart open. The back of the neck rests on the earth. The gaze is to the sky.
#8. Dumbbell Floor Chest Press
- Place a pair of dumbbells on the floor. Lie on your back in between the dumbbells. Bend your knees and move your feet towards your butt.
- Grab the dumbbells and hold them above you. Allow your upper arms to remain on the floor. Begin the movement by pushing the dumbbells over your chest. Pause at the top and squeeze your chest muscles.
- Slowly bring the weights down to the starting position, allowing your arms to rest for a brief moment before beginning the next repetition.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.