Do you like running? No? No worries, dear. Doctors claim that walking is more useful for you than jogging and running. Walking reduces the negative load on your knees so that they remain strong and healthy for many years. This is quite a common fact to know.
However, this is not the only piece of information we want to share with you. Walking can actually get rid of your foot pain. A thousand steps on a daily basis involves the 26 bones of your feet and makes your muscles work. You just need to walk in a special way with you heels making contact with a floor. Avoid wearing high heels to complete this goal.
Other than walking, you should do particular gymnastics for your feet and massage them. It will improve your blood circulation. Make sure you do the following exercise to stimulate blood flow and get rid of pain:
#1. Squat jumps
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
#2. Curtsy lunge
READ MORE: 12 ways can help get rid of a bloated belly without doing ab exercises
- Start from standing, and step your left leg behind you and to the right so your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you were curtsying.
- Make sure your front knee is aligned with your front ankle.
- Return to standing, and switch sides to complete one rep.
#3. Leg raises
- Place yourself on your hands knees on an exercise mat.
- Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- Extend one leg up and behind you. The knee and hip should both extend.
#4. Knee to elbow crunch
- Lie on the floor, crossing your right leg across your bent left knee. Clasp your hands behind your head, beginning with your shoulder blades on the ground. This will be your starting position.
- Perform the motion by flexing the spine and rotating your torso to bring the left elbow to the right knee.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions before switching sides.
#5. Bicycle crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in to also target your deep abs).
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Now switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.