How many of you dream about those perfect abs the ladies on the TV or in the internet have? Almost each and every one of you but too many of you think that there is some magic trick some women know and you will never come to know it. Well, rejoice! We have that magical secret in our pocket. What is more, we are willing to share it with you.
All you need to do is to promise us that it won’t be wasted and you will stick to your part of the deal. To be more precise, you will get in shape following these easy steps. What do you say? Deal? Then these 8 exercises are at your disposal!
#1. Flutter Kick
- Lie on your back on a gym mat with your legs extended and your arms alongside your hips, palms down.
- Lift your legs 4 to 6 inches off the floor. Press your low back into the mat.
- Keep your legs straight as you rhythmically raise one leg higher, then switch. Move in a fluttering, up and down motion.
READ MORE: What’s your body trying to tell you? 8 signs something’s wrong with your health
#2. Plank Knee to Elbow
READ MORE: 5 no-fail night time weight loss tips
- Start in a plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders and your back flat.
- Pull your knee up to your elbow and fully contact your obliques.
- Alternate sides.
#3. Inverted V Plank
- Start in forearm plank position.
- Keep abs in tight and press down through your shoulders and arms as you lift your hips up to the ceiling and your chest in towards your feet.
- Return to forearm plank position and repeat.
#4. Leg Raises
- Place yourself on your hands knees on an exercise mat.
- Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- Extend one leg up and behind you. The knee and hip should both extend. Repeat for 5-10 repetitions, and then switch sides.
#5. Side Plank Hip Lift
- Lay down on your side so that only your forearm and the side of your foot are touching the ground.
- Make your body into a straight line (side plank position).
- Bend at the waist and lower your hip towards the ground and then back up again.
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions and then switch sides.
#6. Crunches Knees Up
- Lie down on your back with your thighs perpendicular to your upper body and your calves parallel to the floor.
- Slowly raise your shoulders and upper back using your upper abdominals.
- Then lower your torso back to the starting position.
#7. Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in to also target your deep abs).
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Lie flat on your back with your feet flat on the ground, or resting on a bench with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. If you are resting your feet on a bench, place them three to four inches apart and point your toes inward so they touch.
- Now place your hands lightly on either side of your head keeping your elbows in. Tip: Don't lock your fingers behind your head.
- While pushing the small of your back down in the floor to better isolate your abdominal muscles, begin to roll your shoulders off the floor.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.