The abdomen is one of the most trained areas among all women. A beautiful and flat belly is the dream of every woman. This is not surprising because every woman wants to show off her belly in the summer. As it turns out, to achieving a flat stomach is not as difficult as you might think. You can try this 30-day challenge and you will reduce your waist and flatten your belly. The results will be wonderful. The challenge consists of only three exercises: Crunches, Leg Lifts and Planks.
BetterMe App helps women achieve their body goals with ease and efficiency by helping to choose proper meal plans and effective workouts. Start using our app and you will see good results in a short time.
So, let’s find out what this abs challenge looks like. The Ab Challenge is an aerobic power lesson aimed at working out the muscles of the stomach in conjunction with exercises to strengthen the back and develop flexibility.
The Ab Challenge leads to strengthening the stomach, burning excess body fat, removal of cellulite, reduction in waist size and increased endurance. Do these three exercises every day for 30 days and show off your belly. Do not forget to drink a lot of water during the challenge
#1 Basic Crunches
- Lie flat on your back with your feet flat on the ground, or resting on a bench with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. If you are resting your feet on a bench, place them three to four inches apart and point your toes inward so they touch.
- Now place your hands lightly on either side of your head keeping your elbows in. --
-Tip: Don't lock your fingers behind your head.
- While pushing the small of your back down in the floor to better isolate your abdominal muscles, begin to roll your shoulders off the floor.
- Continue to push down as hard as you can with your lower back as you contract your abdominals and exhale. Your shoulders should come up off the floor only about four inches, and your lower back should remain on the floor. At the top of the movement, contract your abdominals hard and keep the contraction for a second. Tip: - Focus on slow, controlled movement - don't cheat yourself by using momentum.
- After the one second contraction, begin to come down slowly again to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Tighten your abdominals. Inhale and scoop your abdominals inwards, while pressing your hands into the mat. Think about pressing your navel to your spine. Use your muscles to scoop your abdominals inwards, rather than “sucking in.”
- Lift your hips. Slowly lift your hips, placing your legs above your head, parallel to your body and the floor. Point your toes out towards the top of the mat. Do not let your legs touch your face.
- Take your legs to the side. Inhale and lift your legs. Keep your legs together, and move your legs to the right side of your body. You should only take your legs slightly to the right, not too far to the ground.
- Bring your legs down. Exhale and allow your legs to come back down. Bring them down until they reach a 45 degree angle with the mat. Keep your thighs and knees pressed together as you bring your legs down.
- Lie face down in a push-up position. Keep your palms on the floor next to your shoulders and your feet flexed with the bottoms of your toes on the floor.
- Take a deep breath and press up into a pushup. Your body should make a straight line from your heels to the top of your head.
- Draw your navel toward your spine and tighten your buttocks. Look at the floor to keep your head in neutral position and breathe normally.
- Hold for at least 10 seconds and lower yourself back to the floor.
#4 Russian Twist
- Lie down on the floor placing your feet either under something that will not move or by having a partner hold them. Your legs should be bent at the knees.
Elevate your upper body so that it creates an imaginary V-shape with your thighs. -
Your arms should be fully extended in front of you perpendicular to your torso and with the hands clasped. This is the starting position.
- Twist your torso to the right side until your arms are parallel with the floor while breathing out.
- Hold the contraction for a second and move back to the starting position while breathing out. Now move to the opposite side performing the same techniques you applied to the right side.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
#5 Side Plank
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight.
- Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line.
- Rest your left hand on your hip.
- Brace your abs and hold for 60 seconds.
- If you can't make it to 60 seconds, hold for 5 to 10 seconds and rest for 5; continue for 1 minute.
- Be sure your hips and knees stay off the floor.
#6 Spiderman Plank
- Start in an elbow or full plank.
- Draw one knee to the outside shoulder.
- Return to plank and repeat while alternating sides.
- Lie down on a flat surface or mat.
- Start with your legs straight, then come up.
- Touch your toes, and then let your torso fall back down
- Bring your legs up into the air, touching your toes again.
- Lie on your back, with your hands on the ground.
- Lift your feet 30 cm high and cross them 10 times, performing a movement similar to the cutting with scissors.
- Do not take a break, and repeat in 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
- You should not touch the ground with your legs while performing the exercise.
BetterMe App helps you increase your self-esteem and achieve your personal goals by opening the doors to the world of fitness and healthy lifestyle. Try it now to see the best version of yourself as soon as possible.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.