A sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy diet and lack of physical activity can have a negative effect on your figure. Do you want to get rid of a few extra pounds and tighten your body? This is not a problem. You can do this even if you do not have the desire or time to go to the gym. This great workout can be easily done at home, any time you like. You will get a slim waist, pumped up buttocks and a strengthened back as a result.
This workout consists of seven simple exercises: Classic Crunches (do three sets of ten-fifteen repetitions), Bicycle Crunches (three sets of ten repetitions), Leg Raises (three sets of fifteen repetitions), Plank Knee to Elbow (three sets of thirty repetitions), Trunk Extensions (three sets of ten-fifteen repetitions),Side Plank Hip Lift (three sets of twenty repetitions) and Dumbbell Squat (three sets of twenty repetitions). Do not forget to watch your breath during your workout and your back should be straight.
READ MORE: 2-day body detox program to help you flush the fat away
- Lie down on the floor. Your back should be flat and your knees bent at an approximately 60 degree angle. Keeping your feet flat on the floor, cross your wrists over your chest. This is the starting position.
- Bring your upper body up so that your shoulder blades are just off the floor and your body forms a C-shape. Exhale as you do so and hold the contraction for a second.
- Slowly move down to the starting position. Exhale as you do so. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
#2. Plank Knee to Elbow
- Start in a plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders and your back flat.
- Pull your knee up to your elbow and fully contact your obliques.
- Alternate sides.
#3. Leg Raises
- Place yourself on your hands knees on an exercise mat.
- Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- Extend one leg up and behind you. The knee and hip should both extend. Repeat for 5-10 repetitions, and then switch sides.
#4. Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in to also target your deep abs).
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
#5. Side Plank Hip Lift
- Lay down on your side so that only your forearm and the side of your foot are touching the ground.
- Make your body into a straight line (side plank position).
- Bend at the waist and lower your hip towards the ground and then back up again.
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions and then switch sides.
#6. Inverted V-plank
- Start out in a plank position with your elbows on the mat, on your toes with your stomach off the mat. Keep your back straight.
- Keeping your belly button pressed in, push your butt up on the exhale. Repeat at least 10 times.
- Lie down on your back with your legs straight and feet together so your body forms a straight line. Next, raise your arms up over your head (in line with the rest of your body) and inhale. This is the starting position.
- Begin exercise by swinging your arms forward, while raising your torso and coming up off the ground and onto your feet without touching the ground with your hands.
- Next, lean forward and place your hands onto the ground and kick your feet back into a plank position. Reverse movement back to starting position. This completes one rep.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.