There is no girl in the world that would be completely satisfied with the shape of her legs or would at least like to improve them a little. Women use all sorts of wraps, ways of modeling their figure, creams and other means, which, according to the producers of this remedy, promise to bring their legs in order in a short time.
Alas all these ways are not that effective. You can not create the legs of your dreams without proper nutrition and special physical exercises aimed at losing weight.
Moreover, in the modern rhythm of life not every woman has time to exercise at the gym. So, this is the best workout for your legs that will take no more than fifteen minutes and can be done anywhere, even at work: Single Leg Squats, Plank with Leg Raise, Squat Hold, Side Plank with Leg Raise and Squat Jumps. You should perform 10-20 repetitions of each exercise. Try to do this workout at least three times a week and the results will soon show.
READ MORE: Make your planks more effective with these 3 simple tweaks
#1. Backside-Boosting Lunge
- Start from standing, and step your left leg behind you and to the right so your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you were curtsying.
- Make sure your front knee is aligned with your front ankle.
- Return to standing, and switch sides to complete one rep.
#2. Swimming Pilates
- Lie on your stomach with the legs straight and together.
- Keeping your shoulder blades settled in your back and your shoulders away from your ears, stretch your arms straight overhead.
- Pull your abs in so that you lift your belly button up away from the floor.
- Reaching out from center, extend your arms and legs so far in opposite directions that they naturally come up off the floor. At the same time, get so much length in your spine that your head moves up off the mat as an extension of the reach of your spine. Keep your face down toward the mat; don't crease your neck.
#3. Up-Down Plank
- Begin in a full plank. Lower your right elbow to the mat and then your left, coming into an elbow plank.
- Put your right hand on the mat, and straighten your right elbow. Do the same on the left to return to a full plank.
- Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back to a pushup position.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position.
#5. Glute Kickback
- Kneel on the floor or an exercise mat and bend at the waist with your arms extended in front of you (perpendicular to the torso) in order to get into a kneeling push-up position but with the arms spaced at shoulder width. Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- As you exhale, lift up your right leg until the hamstrings are in line with the back while maintaining the 90-degree angle bend. Contract the glutes throughout this movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second. Tip: At the end of the movement the upper leg should be parallel to the floor while the calf should be perpendicular to it.
- Go back to the initial position as you inhale and now repeat with the left leg.
#6. Knee Push-Ups
- Start in the same position as a push-up, and keep your knees in contact with the floor as you press up, lifting your upper body.
- Keeping your knees on the floor reduces the total weight you need to lift to complete the motion, while still retaining many of the push-up's benefits.
#7. Frog Hops
- Stand with your hands behind your head, and squat down keeping your torso upright and your head up. This will be your starting position.
- Jump forward several feet, avoiding jumping unnecessarily high. As your feet contact the ground, absorb the impact through your legs, and jump again. Repeat this action 5-10 times.
#8. Jump Squats
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
READ MORE: 30-days slim-down challenge plan
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.