Thousands of women suffer from the problem of flabby arms. It causes discomfort, makes us less attractive and makes us feel less confident. Many women can’t wear clothes that don’t cover their problem area. So, it is no wonder that they want to get rid of this issue.
BetterMe App helps women achieve their body goals with ease and efficiency by helping to choose proper meal plans and effective workouts. Start using our app and you will see good results in a short time.
Luckily, today there are many ways to reduce that pesky armpit fat. We already know that the best one is to combine healthy and balanced nutrition with several types of physical exercises. To get the most suitable meal plan you can consult your doctor.
We have a really great collection of exercises for you which will give you amazing results very fast. It includes 8 simple moves which will tone your arms and shoulders and melt excess fat. Performing these moves regularly will totally change your body.
#1. Bent Over Double Arm Tricep Kickbacks
- Holding a pair of dumbbells with an overhand grip, stand tall with your chest up and core braced. Bend at the hips while keeping your back completely flat.
- Once your upper body is parallel with the floor, bring your upper arms to your sides. Begin by pushing the dumbbells back and behind you.
- Pause at the top of the movement and feel the contraction in your triceps. Slowly lower the dumbbells and begin again.
#2. Pick-up squat
- Place two dumbbells on the floor.
- Stand facing the dumbbells with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend knees and hips to lower your torso in a squatting movement,keep your back straight.
- At the bottom of the squat grip the dumbbells with an overhand grip,keeping your arms fully extended.
- Return to an upright position holding the dumbbells with your palms facing towards your body and extending your hips forward. Do not round your back.
- Return the dumbbells to the floor in the same manner you picked them up.
#3. Dumbbell Floor Chest Press
- Place a pair of dumbbells on the floor. Lie on your back in between the dumbbells. Bend your knees and move your feet towards your butt.
- Grab the dumbbells and hold them above you. Allow your upper arms to remain on the floor. Begin the movement by pushing the dumbbells over your chest. Pause at the top and squeeze your chest muscles.
- Slowly bring the weights down to the starting position, allowing your arms to rest for a brief moment before beginning the next repetition.
#4. Goblet Squats
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart while holding a light dumbbell to your chest. You should hold the dumbbell by one end between your hands, with the other end extending down your torso. This is the start position.
- Squat down keeping your slightly arched and pushing your hips back.
- Continue down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position.
#5. Commando Rows
- Place two dumbbells or kettlebells on the floor about shoulder width apart. In a push up position, place your hands on the grip section of each bell for support.
- Spread your legs to slightly wider than hip width apart with your toes supporting your weight. This is the start position.
- Push down through one bell and at the same time “row” the opposite one upwards by retracting your shoulder and bending your elbow.
- Hold for a count of one. Your breathing should remain constant throughout the movement. Lower the bell to the floor and without pause, then repeat the movement with your other arm.
- When you have rowed both arms, that is one repetition.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
#6. Power Partials
- Stand with your back straight, feet shoulder width apart, while holding a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip.
- Hold your arms fully extended by your side, with your palms facing in to your body. Keep your elbows close to your sides. This is the start position.
- Keeping your arms fully extended and your torso stationary, lift the dumbbells out to your sides and up until they are at shoulder level. Exhale as you do so.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your shoulder muscles.
- Return to the start position in a smooth controlled movement inhaling as you do so.
#7. Tricep Press
- Grip a dumbbell at one end using both hands. Your palms should be facing inward.
- Hold the dumbbell overhead with your arms fully extended. This is the the start position.
- Keep your upper arms close to your head (biceps roughly level with your temples) and near to 90degrees to the floor.
- Moving only your forearms, lower the dumbbell in a smooth arc behind your head until your forearms and biceps touch. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by using the triceps to extend your arm and raise the dumbbell. Exhale as you do this.
#8. Single Straight Leg Dumbbell Deadlift
- Stand tall with a tight core while holding a pair of dumbbells. Keeping your chest up and your gaze straight ahead, shift all of your bodyweight to your left foot. Bend the right knee, allowing the right foot to lift off the ground.
- Maintaining a flat back, tilt your upper body forward. Do not allow the dumbbells to pull you down. Control your descent. Simultaneously, allow the right foot to counterbalance the shift in weight.
- Feel the contraction in your hamstrings and pause once your upper body is parallel with the ground. Slowly return to the starting position.
BetterMe App helps you increase your self-esteem and achieve your personal goals by opening the doors to the world of fitness and healthy lifestyle. Try it now to see the best version of yourself as soon as possible.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.