Many women dream of having well toned and beautiful arms but not all of them have time to practice in the gym. That is why we found out another option for every woman.
Do you want to know how to work your arms without equipment and dumbbells? You should try to perform this arm workout! No-equipment arm exercises are a wonderful way to save your time and money and sculpt your dream shape. Using the weight of your body you will work your arm muscles and make them toned and strong.
These eleven great exercises are designed to improve your figure and test your strength and resolve. This workout consists of planks and push-ups so it will strengthen your core. Are you excited? You better be ready to work hard!
#1. Modified Pushups
- Come to the ground on your knees. Tighten your core and maintain a flat back. Position your hands on the ground in front of you, directly below your shoulders. Cross your feet in the back.
- Lower your chest towards the ground. Bend your elbows at a 60-degree angle until your chest is just above the ground. You should feel a stretch across your chest. Hold for a count of one.
- Without locking your elbows, push yourself back to the starting position by straightening your arms.
#2. Up-Down Plank
- Start in the plank position with your elbows shoulder-width apart.
- Press yourself up from the floor one arm at a time into a push-up, maintaining your body in a straight line.
- Slowly return to the starting plank position the same way, one arm at a time. Repeat the movement alternating sides.
- Lie down on your back with your legs straight and feet together so your body forms a straight line. Next, raise your arms up over your head (in line with the rest of your body) and inhale. This is the starting position.
- Begin exercise by swinging your arms forward, while raising your torso and coming up off the ground and onto your feet without touching the ground with your hands.
- Next, lean forward and place your hands onto the ground and kick your feet back into a plank position. Reverse movement back to starting position. This completes one rep.
#4. Chair Tricep Dips
- Sit on a chair with your hands either next to your hips or slightly under the hips. Lift up onto your hands and bring your hips forward.
- Bend your elbows and lower your hips down, keeping shoulders down and hips close to the chair.
- Push back up but don’t lock your elbows and repeat.
- Stand tall with your legs extended straight.
- Bend over from the hips and touch the floor with your palms flat on the floor. Keep your legs straight as you walk your hands as far forward as you can. Don’t let your hips sag.
- Take small steps and walk your feet to your hands. Continue for the desired amount of repetitions and then straighten up to the starting position.
#6. Shadow Boxing
- Stand tall with a tight core. Keep your gaze straight ahead. Bring your hands up to shoulder level. Make a tight fist with the thumb on the outside of your hand. Do not wrap your fingers around your thumb.
- Begin in a left lead stance. Your left foot should be in front. Your right foot should be behind. Throw a left lead jab by extending your left hand straight out in front of you and immediately retracting.
- Follow up the left jab with a right cross. Twist your foot and drive your right hip forward as you throw a straight punch with your back right hand. Alternate these two punches. Switch sides when finished with the prescribed repetitions.
#7. Side Plank Hip Lifts
- Lay down on your side so that only your forearm and the side of your foot are touching the ground.
- Make your body into a straight line (side plank position).
- Bend at the waist and lower your hip towards the ground and then back up again.
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions and then switch sides.
- Get into position by placing your hands flat on the floor, directly below your shoulders. Extend your legs out behind you, with only your toes and balls of your feet touching the floor. Hold your body up and keep your back straight by tightening your abdominal muscles. Your neck and head should be bent slightly back.
- Lower your chest towards the ground by bending your elbows until your chest is just above the ground or you feel a stretching of your chest and shoulders. Hold for a count of one.
- Press upwards from your chest and shoulders, straightening your arms as you return to the starting position. Hold for a count of one. Repeat.
READ MORE: Massage these 4 points can help you lose weight
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.