You have already know that desk job is not good for your health. However many tricks, exercises and even special tables were invented to make people healthier while they are sitting behind a desk. Fortunately even if you lead a sedentary lifestyle you may still perform moves for stretching and flexing your body.
Jimmy Minardi and Jessica Bellofatto are fitness trainers who have created amazing moves for stretching and strengthening your body which you can perform while you sitting down. It may not be as effective as gym training and cardio training but we appreciate every step you take forward your dream shape.
Scroll below to see these great exercises that will bring you lot of energy and well-being. Do these moves when you feel like you cannot sit behind a desk anymore!
#1. Standing Press Ups
- Stand in front of a wall, extend your arms out to measure the correct distance. Brace your core and place your hands against the wall.
- Keeping a tight core, slowly lower your chest towards the wall.
- Pause once your upper arms form a 90 degree angle. Contract the chest muscles and push yourself back up to the starting position. Repeat.
#2. Bench Tricep Dips
- Sit on a chair with your hands either next to your hips or slightly under the hips. Lift up onto your hands and bring your hips forward.
- Bend your elbows and lower your hips down, keeping shoulders down and hips close to the chair.
- Push back up but don’t lock your elbows and repeat.
#3. Wall Sit
- Stand tall against a wall with your head and back touching the wall. Position your feet so that they are shoulder-width apart and a few inches away from the wall. Rest your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees and lower into a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the floor and hold the position
- Return to starting position by straightening your knees and standing tall again.
#4. Chair Squats
- Place your feet at shoulder width apart while keeping your chest up and your abdominals braced.
- Begin the movement by swinging your arms up towards your shoulders. At the same time, bend at the knees and drive your hips back like you’re sitting in a chair.
- Once your upper thighs are parallel with the ground, pause, then drive your hips forward to return to the starting position.
#5. Stand up and JUMP
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend at the knees while driving your hips back. Keep your chest up and your core tight.
- Remain in a squat stance as you forcefully push off the ground, jumping to the right side. Check your form then repeat, jumping to the other side.
- Keep alternating between sides.
#6. Flat Bench Knee-ups
- Sit on the end of a bench with your legs fully extended in front of you angled towards the floor slightly. Grip the sides of the bench for stability.
- Leaning back to about a 45-degree angle from the bench. This is the start position. Pull your knees in toward you at the same time moving your torso towards them. Make sure you exhale as you perform this part of the movement. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by extending your legs out and relaxing your abdominal muscles. Breathe in as you do this. Pause and repeat.
#7. Dumbbell Overhead Shoulder Press
- Sit on a military press bench or bench that has a back support, holding a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip. Place the dumbbells on top of your thighs with your palms facing down. Raise the dumbbells to your shoulders.
- Rotate your wrists so that the palms of your hands are facing away from you. This is the start position. As you exhale, push the dumbbells up and over your head by extending your arms until the dumbbells touch at the top of the movement.
- Pause for a count of one. Slowly return to the start position inhaling as you do so. Repeat.
#8. Reverse Dumbbell Lunges
- Stand up straight with a tight core, holding the dumbbells at your sides.
- Slowly, step back with your right leg. Your toes should be straight and facing forward. Keep the front knee bent. Bend and lower the back knee to where it is just above the ground.
- Step forward to the starting position.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.