Despite the fact that it is already autumn, it is never too late to sculpt your body. Many women all over the world dream about toned abs and slim waist, but all their attempts fail. The thing is that such an issue needs a specific approach.
If you are a beginner and lead a sedentary lifestyle, you start with building up the foundation of your body. To begin with keep on doing some stabilizing exercises which performed with your own weight. They will strengthen your core and prepare it for the next stage.
To create perfect six pack abs it is needed to use the combination of exercises. Just mix compound exercise with abs exercises such Bicycle Crunches or Russian Twists.
Today we are going to show 14-day abs challenge, which will help you flawless abs. All exercises require 3 sets of 20 to 40 seconds. Don t do any breaks between sets. You can rest for 30-60 seconds between exercises.
READ MORE: Exercise for the elasticity of the skin under your chin
#1. Plank Knee to Elbow
- Lay face down on the ground with extended legs. Point your toes while you place your hands beneath your shoulders. Push yourself up into the plank position.
- Maintaining a tight core and flat back, bring your left knee to your right elbow. Pause and slowly return each to the starting point. Repeat with the other side and keep alternating.
#2. Walking Plank Up-Downs
- Start in the plank position with your elbows shoulder-width apart. Press yourself up from the floor one arm at a time into a push-up, maintaining your body in a straight line.
- Slowly return to the starting plank position the same way, one arm at a time. Repeat the movement alternating sides.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and hands by your sides. This is the start position. In one smooth motion, squat down and place your hands palms down on the floor in front of your feet.
- Lean forward, so your weight is on your hands, at the same time jumping your legs out behind you until they are fully extended. Your body should form a straight line with your weight supported on your toes and the balls of your feet and your arms fully extended. (In a push up position)
- Jump your feet out by spreading your legs, so that they are wider than hip width apart, then immediately jump them back together. Complete 1 full push up.
- Jump your feet forward to just behind your hands. Use an explosive motion to push through your heels and return to the start postion. Repeat.
- Lie flat on an exercise mat on the floor keeping your lower back straight with no arching of your spine and with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands lightly on the sides of your head. Curl your torso upwards so your shoulders are slightly raised off the floor..
- Raise your knees until your thighs are at a right angle to the floor and your calves are parallel to the floor. This is the start position. Slowly move your legs in a pedaling action as if you are riding a bicycle. As you do so, exhale and bring your opposing elbow close to each knee by crunching to one side. Left elbow to right knee. Right elbow to left knee.
- After each crunch, return to the start position inhaling as you do so. Without pausing, repeat the movement to the other side. Repeat without pausing for the desired number of repetitions to each side.
- Lie flat on your back with your feet flat on the ground, with your knees bent at 90 degrees. Alternatively, you can place your feet up on a bench a few inches apart with your toes turned inwards and touching. Place your hands lightly on either side of your head.
- Keep your elbows in so that they are parallel to your body. Push your back down flat into the floor to isolate your abdominal muscles. Gently curl your shoulders forward and up off the floor. Continue to push down into the floor with your lower back.
- Raise your shoulders about four to six inches only. Hold and squeeze your abdominal muscles for a count of one. Return to the start position in a smooth movement.
#6. Toe Touches
- Lie flat on an exercise mat, extending your arms straight back behind your head. Fully extend your legs also.This is the start position. Bend at your waist and at the same time, raise your legs and arms to meet in a closed jackknife position. Exhale as you do this.
- At this point, your legs should remain fully extended at between 35-45 degrees from the floor. Your arms should be fully extended, parallel to your legs. Your upper body should be raised off the floor. Return to the start position by lowering your arms and legs back to the floor, exhaling as you do so.
#7. Reverse Crunch
- Lie flat on an exercise mat on the floor. Extend your legs fully and place your hands palms down, flat on the floor beside you. Keeping your feet together, draw your knees up towards your chest, until your thighs are at 90 degrees to the floor and your calves are parallel to it. This is the start position.
- As you inhale, curl your hips up off the floor while bringing your knees further towards your chest. Continue the movement until your knees are touching your chest, or as far as comfortable. Hold for a count of one.
- In a controlled movement, return your legs to the start position, exhaling as you do so. Repeat.
#8. Windshield Wipers
- Lie on an exercise mat, keeping your back flat with no arching of the spine. Extend your arms out beside you at shoulder level, with your palms pressed firmly to the floor. Your upper body should form a “T” shape.
- Raise your feet off the floor by bending your hips and knees to 90 degree angles. This is the start position. As you exhale, rotate both your thighs to one side until the outer thigh touches the ground or until you feel a stretch in your abs and lower back.
- Pause briefly, then rotate to the other side without pausing in the start position. When you have rotated to both sides, that is one repetition. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.