The size of your booty matters. We live during the times when among all the body parts, women decide to work their butts out the most. Who are we to argue with a trend, right?
That is why what we have come up with is a set of exercises which will make your butt actually burn! But the effect is totally worth it, since the Brazilian butt that is desired by many is going to be your reward. All that is required from you is will and patience and 30 minutes of your time. Only 30 minutes a day will get your booty into the perfect shape and will make you the object of envy for everyone around! Does it sound pretty motivating to you? Let’s get started!
- Keep your feet at shoulder width apart and pointed straight ahead.
- When squatting, your hips will move down and back.
- Your lumbar curve should be maintained, and your heels should stay flat on the floor the entire time.
- In air squats, your hips will descend lower than your knees.
#2. Glute Bridge
READ MORE: 8-minute evening workout before bed
- Lay down on an exercising mat with your back resting on the mat.
- Stating position: Move your arms out by your sides, away from the body. Position your hands such that your palms are facing upwards.
- Applying the force from your heels, raise your hips in the upward direction.
- Final position: Keep raising your glutes in the upward direction until your thighs, hips and back are in a straight line.
- Stay there in this position for a count of one and return back to the starting position by lowering your hips back to the floor.
- Pause for a while and repeat the above steps.
#3. Fire Hydrants
- Position yourself on all fours on a mat with your palms flat and shoulder-width apart. Place your knees hip-width apart and bend them at a 90 degree angle. Try to relax your core so that your back and abs are in a natural position.
- Maintain this posture as you raise your right knee and bring it as close to your chest as you can. Now raise your right thigh out to the side, keeping the hips still.
- Kick your raised leg straight back slowly until it is in line with your torso. Reverse the movement to return to the starting position.
#4. Donkey Kicks
- Position yourself on all fours on a mat. Position your hands underneath your shoulders and place your knees under your hips.
- Keep your right knee bent at 90 degrees and flex the foot as you lift the knee until it is level with the hip.
- Lower the knee without touching the floor and repeat the lift. Once you’ve completed the reps on the right leg, switch legs.
#5. Jump Squats
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
#6. Glute Kickback
- Kneel on the floor or an exercise mat and bend at the waist with your arms extended in front of you (perpendicular to the torso) in order to get into a kneeling push-up position but with the arms spaced at shoulder width. Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- As you exhale, lift up your right leg until the hamstrings are in line with the back while maintaining the 90-degree angle bend. Contract the glutes throughout this movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second. Tip: At the end of the movement the upper leg should be parallel to the floor while the calf should be perpendicular to it.
- Go back to the initial position as you inhale and now repeat with the left leg.
#7. In & Out Squat
- Stand straight with your feet together and hands by your side. Jump up, spread your feet, bend your knees pressing your hips back, and open your arms.
- Push throug the hills to jump back up and bring both hands together above your head.
- Repeat until the set is complete.
#8. Pilates Swimming
- Lie face down on a mat, with your arms fully extended above your head and your legs fully extended behind you.
- Lift your chest, arms and legs off the floor by arching your back. Only the tops of your quads and your lower abdomen should be in contact with the floor.
- Hold for a count of 2 while squeezing your abdominals and obliques. Return to the starting position for a count of one, then repeat.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.