If you think motherhood is more difficult than marriage, think again. A study has found that, even if a mom’s stress level is deemed to be around 8.5 out of 10, 46 percent of the women taking part in this study claimed that their husbands, rather than their children were the root of their stress.
These women reported feeling like they had to parent their partner too, instead of benefiting from their partner’s support and understanding. This situation left them feeling drained of energy and full of stress on a daily basis.
In another study, scientists from the University of Padova found that, as opposed to the husbands, who experienced more health problems after the death of their wives, the health of the wives actually improved after the death of their husbands. The wives were also able to better cope with stress and depression after the tragic event.
The findings, in a nutshell
- Mothers claimed that the main source of their stress was the feeling that they never had enough time to solve every problem in the household.
- Three out of every four mothers living with a partner claimed that most of the parenting and household duties fell on their shoulders, instead of being shared among the two partners.
- One in every five mothers claimed that the main cause of stress in their lives was the lack of support from their partner.
READ MORE: 5 factors that can lead to divorce
But you definitely don’t need to wait for your husband to die in order to live a stress-free life.
Measures you can take to reduce stress
- The partners should split their responsibilities and decide together who is going to do what. If your husband is not receptive to this proposal, talk to him and explain how much stress you are under every day due to the fact that you always have to solve everything.
- Sometimes, even if men dream of being the best husbands and/or fathers in the world, their wives don’t entrust them with more relevant responsibilities. You should resist the urge to do everything yourself just because you want things to be perfect. Instead, ask your partner to bring his contribution to the household.
- Focusing exclusively on parenthood instead of also keeping the flame of your marriage alive is a huge mistake. If you don’t dedicate some time and effort to nurture the relationship you have with your partner, in time it will wither and die, and you will wake up one morning to the realization that you have a roommate instead of a partner.
We at BetterMe want everyone to know and experience true love. It is out there for everyone and until it knocks on your door we are here to remind you that you deserve the best love!
You can help us spread this love by sharing this with those around you and letting us know what you think in the comments below.