Many people are obsessed with various workout routines these days, and that is great, since staying fit is beneficial due to a number of reasons. There are certain exercises which are extremely popular among modern ladies. Squats – are exercises that are on the edge of popularity, since nowadays the cult of the big booty is on the edge of glory.
Yet, not everyone knows what is so special about those squats. What is more, not everyone is familiar with the proper way of squatting. So, today, we are going to teach you how to squat properly and the 10 reasons why you should do this exercise.
How To Squat
1. Warm up.
2. Put your feet at the same distance as your shoulders.
3. Bend your knees to a 90 degree angle.
4. Slowly sit down, as if there is a chair to sit on behind you.
5. Make sure that the only bent part of you is your knees.
6. Rise up.
Reasons to squat
1. First of all, you will build up your muscles, and not only one set of them, but several, since while squatting you trigger not only your butt and leg muscles, but ab and back ones, too.
2. Your legs are your greatest support, that is why working on them decreases chances of imbalance and falling, which in turn saves you from unnecessary injury.
3. While you gain muscle, as it was said above, you also burn fat – it is a win-win situation.
4. To squat, there is nothing else you need than your body weight, so you save on the equipment.
5. If you have a nasty habit of hunching your back, proper squatting will eliminate that.
6. Your posture will become better, in general.
7. It may sound weird, but proper squatting helps digestion too.
8. Due to increased circulation, your cells get enough oxygen and that provokes cellulite elimination.
9. Toned legs are totally one of the reasons why you should squat.
10. Last but not least, a toned butt is guaranteed!
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.