Do you want to blast fat off your belly and get this six-pack abs of your dreams? Of course, you want it, but you are in an endless search for exercises that will be able to give you all this, right? What if we tell you that we found what you have been looking for so long?
BetterMe App helps women achieve their body goals with ease and efficiency by helping to choose proper meal plans and effective workouts. Start using our app and you will see good results in a short time.
Well, ladies, we are glad to present you with a list of breathing exercises that will help you get flatter abs. Correct breathing is the greatest thing. It can help you get rid of a number of diseases, rejuvenate, improve your mental activity and your willpower, and also to strengthen your muscles as well as abdominal muscles. Strengthening the muscles through breathing exercises is quite possible!
If you want to have a healthy core with a slim waistline, you need to stop focusing on the visible six-pack muscles and instead develop your innermost abs first. And these breathing exercises are exactly what you need to cope with this task and realize your dreams. Doing these exercises 3 times a week, you will burn fat from the inside out and get flatter abs in no time. We assure you that by adding these breathing exercises to your workout routine, you will be amazed at the results!
#1. Belly and Chest Breathing
- Take 5 slow breaths over the course of about minute. Concentrate on inflating abdomen and feeling belly press into prop.
- For next 5 breaths, inhale until full, then hold, stiffening all muscles of abdomen at once, as if bracing against prop. Hold breath for 3 seconds, then slowly exhale.
- Finally, breathing as in step 2, roll gently from side to side, massaging abdomen. Continue for minute.
#2. Bridge With Diaphragm Vacuum
- Lie on back with knees bent and feet hip-width apart.
- While inhaling, slowly lift hips into bridge and extend arms overhead.
- While exhaling fully, let abdominal muscles go slack, then broaden ribs (you’ll feel diaphragm move and your core hollowing). Then lower hips to floor and bring arms back to sides. Repeat 10 times.
#3. Diaphragm Vacuum on Knees
- Sit on heels and lean forward with hands on knees, arms straight.
- Take complete breath, then empty lungs and torso of air.
- Once empty of air, lean into hands, lower chin, and spread ribs apart so belly is sucked in and up.
- Hold 10 to 30 seconds. Repeat 4 more times.
#4. Leg Lift
- Lie on back on yoga mat, extend arms overhead, and hold on to sides of mat as if trying to pull it apart.
- Stretch left leg straight toward ceiling and hover right leg above floor. Hold for 30 seconds, breathing into belly and rib cage.
- Concentrate on keeping spine in its natural shape. Relax, then repeat on other side.
#5. The Perfect Plank
- With feet hip-width apart and shoulders stacked above wrists, hold a plank position, trying to broaden shoulder blades across back.
- Engage entire core, creating tension throughout trunk so spine is unmoving.
- At the same time, breathe into belly and rib cage, feeling the movement of respiratory muscles without allowing shape of plank to change.
- Hold for 30 seconds to minute, then rest 30 seconds. Repeat 2 more times.
BetterMe App helps you increase your self-esteem and achieve your personal goals by opening the doors to the world of fitness and healthy lifestyle. Try it now to see the best version of yourself as soon as possible.
READ MORE: A 7-minute no-equipment abs workout
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.